Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Vera Wang for David's Bridal


Every girl's dream is to walk down the isle in the wedding dress of her dreams, unfortunately that usually comes at a cost. Vera Wang is one of the largest bridal gown designers around, but she doesn't come cheap. The average Vera Wang gown generally starts at $5,000 and can work its way up beyond $20,000. I know what you're thinking, the dress will cost more that the actual wedding, or the marriage these days wont even last long enough to get the worth of the dress.

Well last night at the Parson's Annual Fashion Benefit, Vera Wang told press she hasn't started designing her David's Bridal line yet. "It's been in the works a very, very, very long time. Part of the joy is that, with their power as retailers, I can create outside of the $20,000 range," she said. "I think it's time to get more than 10,000 women a year, you know? Why should price dictate if you have great taste? I don't believe in that."

I am definitely going to be keeping my eye on Wang to see how this budget line of wedding gowns will do. Vera Wang is a very strong name in not only the bridal industry, but fashion in general. I know that Vera will do an amazing job especially since her brand name is on the line.

~XOXO FashionHuslter

No comments:

Post a Comment